We explore how our brain can be both amazing and deceptive and the benefits of critical thinking.
We can make better decisions and seek knowledge when we engage and practice a critical thinking mind
In this workshop, we will introduce critical thinking; what is it and why it’s a critical tool for us as architects and deliverers of solutions? How can we add this to our daily tool box in order to improve our thinking in everyday situations? We will explore some practical steps to help us ask better questions, internalize feedback and make more sound judgements. How do our biases block our understanding , and how do we unlearn these in order to gain clarity of situations? We will also cover logical fallacies and unpack the key elements of an argument and tools that can help us enhance our arguments to optimize for better understanding and results.
Format of the workshop:
* Check in with participants to understand their roles, experience and what they wish to get out of this
* In groups, participants will work through different sets of the problems with various constraints. We will retrospect on how the groups approached the problems; and expose among other things:
- How our own beliefs, morals , norms and experiences shape our reality and view of the universe
- Expose our biases and logical fallacies in decesion making
- How assumptions affect our problem solving ability
- We will highlight at each opportunity, how a critical thinking approach could have had a different understanding of the problem and a different outcome.