Cypress gives you full access to all network-requests giving you a whole set of new opportunities for testing your application. How can we use this to extend our tests beyond the UI?
In this workshop we will use hands-on exercises to learn about some of the more powerful aspects of working with Cypress. The workshop will cover:
- The advant
- One example of a “standard” end-to-end test
- Dealing with network requests to take short cuts in tests and therefore reduce execution time and flakiness, while maintaining information output
- Intercepting network requests
- Stubbing network requests for testing hard to reach edgecases
- Accessing the database from within Cypress tests for database-seeding