Tips from the science of psychology that can be very useful in testing contexts
Psychology is the science of mind and behaviour. Since the mind is every tester's (i.e. every agile practioner's) most important tool and behaviour is the main driver for development, studying psychology should be a natural part of our strive for testing excellence.
In this session, we will look at some psychological subjects with scientific theory accompanied by real-life stories. Whether you are into the subject yourself or just want some useful takeaways that can be applied in your daily work, I hope you will find this useful.
Topics covered includes:
- Biases and how they can play tricks with our perception
- The effect of personality traits on behaviour and communication
- Why metacognition is important to a tester
- How knowledge of the dual process theory can be useful
- Developing skills by training and education
7-minute Lightning Talk
6-hours Full-Day Tutorial
Half-Day Tutorial (3 hours)
15-minute Consensus Talk